Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Journal #2

I am going to mimic page 7 of Their Eyes Were Watching God. There will be 2 characters in this mini story where one is a young British tourist and the other is an Egyptian tour guide.    

Rules:
(Egyptian dialect)
1) The 'th' in the, that etc. become a 'z' sound
2) The 's' in words also becomes a 'z' sound
3) The 'p' in words changes to a 'b' sound
4) 2 r's are used because the 'r' is rolled
(British dialect)
5) Mate is a common word used for 'friend'
6) Wicked is another word used for 'great' or 'awesome' 
7) 'ou' is used instead of just 'o'. For example, colour instead of color, flavour instead of flavor. 

       It was a scorching hot summer in Egypt when George Watson, a young British tourist, decided to go visit the pyramids as a part of his vacation. With his camera and a cold bottle of water set, he stopped a taxi to take him to his destination. Arriving there, he was amazed by all the pyramids he saw, but needed help around the area. So he spotted a tour guide that he thought could help him. 
       "Hi there mate. I just arrived here and thought that you could  help me around. If you can show me around the area and tell me about some of the history of the pyramids that would be wicked."
      The tour guide thought for a moment and suddenly replied with great enthusiasm. "Hello man. Yez! I would love to do zat. I don't have anyzing to do. Let us starrt wiz za byrramids over here. But firrst tell me how long arre you ztaying overr herre in Egybt?"
       "I am staying in Egypt for another week mate. I already bought a lot of souvenir's but my favourite is the shirt I got for my brother. It says 'I've been to Egypt' in bright colours all over it."
       "Zat's wonderrful. Did you rride a camel yet? And did you trry all ze food? It iz verry good and tasty."
       "No, not yet. But I definitely will sometime soon! And I did try so many dishes! But I still have more to go!"
       "Oh yeah. It'z good zat you arre enjoying ze time here. But let uz starrt ze tourr."
       The tour guide showed and told George everything he knew about the pyramids, and the pictures he took were sent to his family in Britain who enjoyed each and every single one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment